Friday 11 May 2012

Hello World. This is my first ever blog post. Here is why I'm writing this. I find myself unemployed and in Ireland. My location and the current recession have rendered the job hunt challenging to say the least. I have become a professional interviewee of late and some of the jobs I've been interviewed for include librarian jobs (my number one choice!), jobs in financial services, database jobs and even a job flogging leprechauns at a popular Irish gift shop. I signed a contract for this job before realising that I would actually lose money after paying for the commute to and from work and the occasional coffee or sandwich. Good old minimum wage. It's a pity in a way as I'm sure flogging all things green would have provided a few interesting blog posts!
As I await the outcome of the other interviews I have decided to sign up for '23 Things for Professional Development' which is a kind of online to-do list for professional development. Task One is to create a blog and post to it. So this is my homework. Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to say in my next post - maybe news of an impending library job move to the UAE - fingers crossed that this works out and my blog may morph into something a little less ordinary. Watch this space.

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to the course! I hope you find it useful, and that your job hunt is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your pecker up Marmite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of encouragement Nearlyvirtual! I did have to check the meaning of the word 'pecker' as it's the first time I've heard that expression. The first definition that I alighted upon was a tad phallic but I eventually discovered the true meaning of your comment. Thanks for the comment and for the amusement provided by my misunderstanding!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the job hunting and all things CPD 23!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Library Cat! I hope you enjoy CPD 23. And feline greetings to Jaffa and Misty!

      Delete
  4. Hi! Good luck with your search and may you learn something along the way. It sounds like you have already had some adventures from your profile. I would be willing to bet that Bangkok was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://typesofpet.com/best-collar-for-german-shepherd/ Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking.

    ReplyDelete